friends


Posted by Picasa

I live away from home. It is not so far, just around 72 kms by bus. I left my heart there. So I thought. See, my family resides there and so with my friends. But I was called to work here, I had to take charge of my own self and live a mature life and cope with the expectations of the society.


When I first transferred as duty called, I had a hard time adjusting. Not because I was not used to the place for I studied here when I was in college, but because I am out of my comfort zone, again. The first few months were crazy. I had a 30 unit teaching load at school and I was asked to serve as a dean in one of the boarding houses nearby. Above all, I have no close friend at school nor at my place. My friends were my students, my roommates. They were so young and naive and they're fun to be with but sometimes, I cannot be me.


I had little friends at school because my hectic schedule hindered me from establishing rapport with my co-workers. But, as time ticked by, I became more footed on the ground, I was able to feel, listen and appreciate all that was around me. I was able to mingle with new acquaintances. I found myself again and felt secretly glad.


I found new friends, but still kept the old ones. I try to catch-up with my friends when I'm home. Each of these friends had a special place in my heart. I perceive them as spirit-lifters because they help me in any way. They help overlook my cares, worries, hurts, and even, the disappointments of my life. I do not know how I would become without them and I do not know if I can live without them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Serendipity